Online voting results of Internet Society Georgia Chapter
On January 18-21, 2022, Internet Society Georgia Chapter conducted an online voting on the following issues:
Internet Society Georgia Chapter should be
- registered society [Non-profit (non-commercial) legal entity]
- unregistered society
Internet Society Georgia Chapter should
- have a membership fee of 10 GEL per year
- must not have a membership fee
According to the voting results it was decided that Internet Society Georgia Chapter should be registered as a non-governmental organization and a membership fee of 10 GEL per year should be imposed.
Number of members allowed to vote – 77, participated – 73%, 56 participants. A quorum is enough to make a decision.
The first issue of the agenda, the status of the Internet Society Georgia Chapter – 56 participants:
- supporters of registered society – 86%, 48 participants
- supporters of unregistered society – 14%, 8 participants
The first issue of the agenda, the imposition of a membership fee – 56 participants:
- supporters – 75%, 42 participants
- against – 25%, 14 participants
Decisions on both issues are made by the number of votes established by the current charter.
The Executive Board approved the decision on the terms and conditions of membership in the community