Online voting results of Internet Society Georgia Chapter
On January 18-21, 2022, Internet Society Georgia Chapter conducted an online voting on the following issues:
Internet Society Georgia Chapter should be
- registered society [Non-profit (non-commercial) legal entity]
- unregistered society
Internet Society Georgia Chapter should
- have a membership fee of 10 GEL per year
- must not have a membership fee
According to the voting results it was decided that Internet Society Georgia Chapter should be registered as a non-governmental organization and a membership fee of 10 GEL per year should be imposed.
Number of members allowed to vote – 77, participated – 73%, 56 participants. A quorum is enough to make a decision.
The first issue of the agenda, the status of the Internet Society Georgia Chapter – 56 participants:
- supporters of registered society – 86%, 48 participants
- supporters of unregistered society – 14%, 8 participants
The first issue of the agenda, the imposition of a membership fee – 56 participants:
- supporters – 75%, 42 participants
- against – 25%, 14 participants
Decisions on both issues are made by the number of votes established by the current charter.
Internet Society approved a new charter
Essay competition for law students
The Executive Board approved the decision on the terms and conditions of membership in the community