Essay competition for law students
Internet Society-Georgia Special Interest Group on Personal Data Protection won a grant of 3500$! Within the scopes of the grant the group is announcing an essay competition for law students on the topic: Personal Data Protection in the Digital Era.
Undergraduate (2nd, 3rd and 4th year) and master’s degree students of all higher education institutions of Georgia can participate in the competition.
First and foremost, students must submit an abstract (no more than 500 words) and a resume by May 20, 2022 to the following e-mail: ISOCpersonaldata@gmail.com
The abstract should address one of the following topics:
• Processing of personal data in the field of electronic communications
• Processing of personal data in social networks
• E-governance and personal data protection
• The role and importance of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
• Analysis of decisions of the European Court of Human Rights and / or the Court of Justice of the European Union
• E-commerce and personal data processing
• IOT (Internet of Things) and personal data processing
• Personal data protection v. Freedom of expression
Students selected as a result of abstract evaluation will prepare essays by July 10, 2022, according to pre-defined standards.
Students who will be selected as a result of the abstract assessment and prepare the essays according to the defined standards will receive a remuneration of $ 150.
The authors of the essays will present their papers at a public conference in September 2022. Student papers will be compiled into a collection and published on the Internet Society website, as well as shared on social media.
Abstracts will be evaluated and students will be assisted in preparing essays by the members of the Internet Society-Georgia Personal Data Protection Special Interest Group.
Wishing you all the luck!
The Executive Board approved the decision on the terms and conditions of membership in the community